MHS GENESIS Patient Portal\
Along with the new electronic health record, the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal launched in February 2017.
The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is a secure website for 24/7 access to your health information, including managing appointments
- and exchanging messages with your care team.
- The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal replaces Secure Messaging while you receive care.
- If you have a prescription with remaining reflls, use the Audiocare System to refill your valid prescription. (Not yet available)
- Use MHS GENESIS Patient Portal to renew your existing prescriptions. (Not yet available) Renewals are needed when a prescription has no reflls left, or has expired, and you need to continue taking the medication.
- If you move to a military hospital or clinic that has not begun using MHS GENESIS, you will resume using Secure Messaging and TRICARE Online. Contact your care team to learn which hospitals and clinics use MHS GENESIS.
The Electronic Health Record
MHS GENESIS, the new electronic health record for the Military Health System, provides enhanced, secure technology to manage your health information.
MHS GENESIS integrates inpatient and outpatient solutions that will connect medical and active duty dental information across the continuum of care, from point of injury to the military treatment facility. This includes garrison, operational, and en route care, increasing effciencies for benefciaries and healthcare professionals.
When fully deployed, MHS GENESIS will provide a single health record for service members, veterans, and their families.
Patient Portal Access
To access the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal, visit https://patientportal.mhsgenesis. health.mil. Benefciaries can log in to the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal using their DS Logon. Premium Access (Level 2) is required to view the health record.*
In preparation for the new MHS GENESIS Patient Portal, log in to milConnect and create your DS Logon. Benefciaries with an existing DS Logon should upgrade their account to
Premium Access. A link to the “My Access Center” is available via the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal landing page to direct patients on obtaining their DS Logon credentials.
For questions regarding the DS Logon, visit www.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect or contact the Defense Manpower Data Center at (800) 538-9552.
* There is no additional fee for Premium Access.
When fully deployed, the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal, can help you:
- View your health information
- Exchange secure messages with your care team
- Request prescription renewals
- View notes from your clinical visits and certain lab/test results, such as blood tests
- Manage medical and active duty dental appointments
- Complete a pre-visit active duty dental health questionnaire online
- Look up information related to your health concerns and medications
Patient Portal Eligibility
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING PATIENT PORTAL ELIGIBILITY AND ADULT PROXIES
• Access to Patient Portal information is dependent on DMDC DS Logon permissions.
• Beneficiaries may grant permission to family members for access to medical information, by going to Managing Relationships in OS Logon via https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanagement/app/login
• The Department of Defense allows proxy access for situations where the beneficiary cannot access or provide consent for access. Legal documentation is required. See
the OS Logon Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.
ACCESSING MEDICAL RECORDS
• Beneficiaries may access their and their family members' medical records via the Patient Portal, subject to OS Logon permissions.
• Beneficiaries may visit their military hospital or clinic and request the records in person.
• Beneficiaries may coordinate with their military hospital o clinic to submit a request via postal mail or email.
FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE PLEASE CONTACT:
Patient Service Center:
Winn Army Community Hospital: (912) 435-5301
Tuttle Army Health Clinic: (912) 435-5149